Update: Benue SEMA set up two IDP camps at the hitherto unoccupied International Market, and the Presidential Building at Agan toll gate. Some trucks of relief materials arrived Makurdi on Friday 2nd of September, but distribution was not done yesterday, while registration continues. Also, some amazing individuals and organizations have been providing support; including QueenElizabeth Selizz Bumkeng, a Benue beauty queen, who daily feeds an average of 150 – 200 affected persons.
Scope of Needs:
Household materials, properties, and farmland have been destroyed; thus, there is need for a short-term relief intervention that would aid their process of bouncing back. Therefore, they need food, clothes and beddings, and medicals.
From September 12 – 14, 2017, Adopt-A-Camp, whom Haven Empowerment Initiative is partnered with, would lead a team of volunteers and medical practitioners to the affected communities to support the victims directly through:
- donation of food items;
- distribution of clothes, beddings, and household materials; and
- medical outreach – basic medical tests (Malaria and Blood Pressure), dispensing of drugs, and supply of mosquito nets.
We would be working with two local initiatives, and the Benue SEMA.
How to Support:
• CASH: We wish to raise a minimum of N5million. We, therefore, solicit your financial support. You can do so via this page or send to:
- Bank: Skye Bank Plc
- Account name: Haven Empowerment Initiative
- Account number: 1771795879
• IN-KIND: To give used and/or new clothes, shoes, warn clothing, blankets, mattresses, mats, bedsheets, food items, toys, electronics, and other household materials, please contact Kunle on 0810 606 0000.
• VOLUNTEER: Join Adopt-a-Camp & Haven Empowerment Initiative for the field outreach. Complete the ‘Volunteer Form’ via adoptacamp.org.ng/volunteer. Note: we need more medical volunteers; and the space is limited.
Beyond prayers, Benue needs us – our love, and kind supports. Let’s be our brother’s keeper!
Thank you; and God bless you!